Tuesday, October 23, 2018

If your separation has not been made legal a challenge is possible. If it has been made legal clauses may have been written into the Separation Agreement excluding the other party from their entitlement to inherit.

Check your Separation Agreement to make sure that a legal clause has been included. Divorce is the only legal proceeding that removes the legal right share of a spouse, although even then limited exceptions may apply if challenged.

A former spouse can claim that proper provision has not been made for him/her and may apply to court for a share of the deceased's estate within 6 months from the date of Grant of Representation. Reasonable attempts should be made to notify the former spouse of the death. A share will not be given to a former spouse who has remarried.

E Appointments

Get An e-appointment

Select Dates And Times That You Are Available.

Enduring Power Of Attorney

An Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) is a legal document by which a person (referred to as “the donor”) Read More...

Dermot McNamara BCL,
Notary Public
Commissioner for Oaths

Collette Bryson BA (Hons)

Frances Cunneen T.E.P. Trust & Estate Practitioner

Lorraine Byrne

M.I.I.L.Ex, Legal Executive

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site

EU Cookie Directive Plugin Information